It's about freaking time that someone gives the Prius the middle finger and boy does Ford do it spectacularlly!
Even the media is drooling over the newest Hybrid
The automotive press has begun testing the all-new 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid in recent weeks. Two prominent publications have now published comparisons pitting the Fusion Hybrid against its Toyota competition, and the Ford has won both.
Eat shit Toyota!
USA Today writes: "OK, let's just get it out there: The 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid is the best gasoline-electric hybrid yet. What makes it best is a top-drawer blend of an already very good midsize sedan with the industry's smoothest, best-integrated gas-electric power system. It's so well-done that you have to look to the $107,000 Lexus LS 600h hybrid to come close."
Car and Driver set the Fusion against the Camry Hybrid, Chevy Malibu Hybrid and Altima Hybrid, but the result was the same. "Ford has pulled off a game changer with this 2010 model, creating a high-mpg family hauler that's fun to drive," they write. "Nothing about the leather-lined test car, optioned up from its $27,995 base price to $32,555, seemed economy minded except for the mileage readings. On that score, the Fusion topped the others, turning in a 34-mpg score card for the overall 300-mile test run."
I imagine Toyota will be putting out
lies stories that Ford is full of shit about the Fusion Hybrid.
It's so much fun to see Toyota sweat!!!!
I love change, crave it actually ..
When it comes to my looks, hell it was 2003 before I got rid of my 80's bangs.
It could also have something to do with the dye incident of 1993, where I wanted to lighten my dark brown hair to just a little bit of a lighter brown hair and my mom dyed my hair blonde, scared me for life.
I have been with my hairstylist for 19 years now and she knows about my fear of doing anything new to my hair. My last highlighting I didn't care for the colors so she suggested something a little different, just a little different she said.
I just wanted my grey covered and some light browish, carmel colored highlights.
Why, why, why do I kept insisting on dyeing my hair?
I come out looking like a cougar on the prowl.
No more, going to just let it go grey now. I could cry.
The pictures don't show how stupid it looks, it's washing the blonde color out.
Ready to do some Yoga with Lance?
First, Downward Dog
Remember to breathe
Let's stretch our backs out.
Saw this on one of my doggie groups
That’s why the Help Your Pet, Get to the Vet Campaign by Advantage® Topical Solution from Bayer Animal Health has a mission to help offset pet care costs by distributing more than $250,000 in Veterinary Vouchers to provide financial relief, along with valuable information, to help you take care of your cat or dog.
From February 16 through February 28, 2009, dog and cat owners have a chance to receive a $20 Veterinary Voucher good toward preventive veterinary care (vaccinations, wellness exams, flea and tick treatment and prevention, heartworm preventative, dental care, etc.). Vouchers available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM ET every hour on the hour, up to 1,000 distributed each day. No purchase necessary to obtain voucher
Voucher must be filled out and sent back by May 31st.
I sent another letter to my Dumocratic Senators today about the crap sandwich that was passed. Update: I just sent it to Obama also, not that it's going to do any good.
Senator Levins came back because his email box was full, guess he just isn't reading anymore letters from his constitutents.
How is any of the pork below that is attached to the Stimulus Spending Bill going to get me a job? I am a Quality Engineer who has been unemployed for 7 months now. How will any of it get my husband a job when he gets layed off in June from Ford?
It won't, but you democrats got your pork spending wishes come true. Nothing listed below will create one job, it makes me sick especially since they are taking taxes out of my unemployment checks to pay for this crap. Money that I could use to pay bills and buy food with.
You should be ashamed of yourselves for supporting this waste of taxpayers dollars.
• $8 billion for high-speed railway (including an earmark for an Los Angeles to Las Vegas MagLev)
• $1 billion for the “FutureGen” not-ready-for-primetime near zero emission plant in Illinois
• $53.6 billion for the “state stabilization” slush fund
• $1.3 billion for Amtrak
• $24 million for USDA buildings and rent
• $176 million for renovating Agricultural Research Service buildings
• $290 million for flood prevention activities
• $50 million for watershed rehabilitation
• $1.4 billion for wastewater disposal programs
• $295 million for administrative expenses associated with food stamp program
• $1 billion for the 2010 Census
• $200 million for public computer centers at community colleges and libraries
• $650 million for the DTV converter box coupon program
• $360 million for construction of NIST buildings
• $830 million for NOAA research and facilities
• $2 billion for Byrne JAG program
• $10 million to combat Mexican gunrunners
• $125 million for rural communities to combat drug crimes
• $1 billion for the COPS program
• $1 billion for NASA
• $300 million to purchase scientific instruments for colleges and museums
• $400 million for equipment and facilities at the NSF
• $3.7 billion to conduct "green" renovations on military bases
• $375 million for Mississippi River projects
• $10 million for urban canals
• $5 billion for weatherizing buildings
• $2 billion to develop advanced batteries for hybrid cars
• $3.4 billion for fossil energy research (possibly including an earmark for FutureGen)
• $5.1 billion for environmental cleanup around military bases
• $5.5 billion for "green" federal buildings
• $300 million for "green" cars for federal employees
• $20 million for IT upgrades at the Small Business Administration
• $200 million to design and furnish DHS headquarters
• $210 million for State and local fire stations
• $125 million to restore trails and abandoned mines
• $146 million for trail maintenance at National Park Service sites
• $140 million for volcano monitoring systems
• $600 million for the EPA Superfund environmental cleanup program
• $200 million to clean up leaking underground storage tanks
• $500 million for forest health and wildfire prevention
• $25 million for the Smithsonian Institution
• $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
• $1.2 billion for "youth activities" (for "youth" up to 24 years old)
• $500 million earmark for NIH facilities in Bethesda, MD
• $1 billion for Head Start
• $32 million for home-delivered nutrition services
• $160 million for volunteer programs at the Corporation for National and Community Service
• $500 million earmark for the SSA National Computer Center in MD
• $220 million for the International Boundary and Water Commission, U.S. and Mexico"
Yes, I admit it I am a horder.
A horrible horder.
You could put it this way, when the revolution starts and the only form of currency is bartering I will be set with things to barter.
This is just a picture of my stuff from the kitchen, I also have a bathroom chockful and a Hall closet full and 2 other bathrooms with minor amounts.
I have a thing for cleaning supplies.
So I have been (trying) to do Craft shows to sell my doggie wares.
Did some in November and December, wasn't to successful because people just are not buying things at the shows.
So I am more hopeful for Fall 09 shows, plus I have one in March.
I was using a fanny pack as a money holder, but I hated that look.
Couldn't find anything else I wanted, so I found a pattern for a "tool belt apron".
This is the results!
Looks like the almighty Toyota is revising the previously stated losses.
Toyota said it expects it will lose $5 billion on the year, The New York Times (NYSE:NYT) reported. In December, the company estimated losses of $1.6 billion, a sharp turnaround from the previous year's gain of $28 billion and the first annual loss since the company began in 1937.
Wonder when people are going to start calling for Toyota to end their version of Jobs Banks?
Michigan has a huge movie industry rising, thanks (not) to our gobernor.
Our esteemed Gobernor has just annouced that a movie studio plans on building a movie lot in an old automotive plant
If approved, Motown Motion Picture LLC could be operational this year in an estimated 600,000-square-foot space at General Motors Corp.'s former Centerpoint truck plant, she said, adding that the complex could create about 3,600 direct jobs and more than 1,500 indirect jobs.
You may say "well that's great" but ....
The state is not expected to fund construction, but is offering about $15 million in film-related tax credits, plus as much as $101 million in state tax credits over 12 years, if criteria are met, according to the Wall Street Journal.
We are pratically paying them to come to the state.
Since Michigan approved aggressive tax incentives last April to lure Hollywood filmmakers to the state, 71 projects have been approved, with 37 films already completed, Tony Wenson, chief operating officer of the Michigan Film Office,
Agressive tax incentives means begged, pleaded, cried and just about offered to pay for their expenses.
So it's the 13th day of Obama's presidency, lets see what he has accomplished to date:
Iran demands their preconditions be met for any talks with the US
North Korea says they may attack South Korea (they realize Obambi will do nothing)
Pulls missile defense from Poland & the Czechs
Demands military cut their budget
Democrats are now starting to oppose the stimulus bill
- He told Arabs he wants to relations like they were in the late 1970's
Attacked Rush Limbaugh
Tells us to turn down our heat, yet keeps the oval office at "orchard levels"
Serves $100 steak at Superbowl party
Tax cheats as cabinet members
Starting Trade War with Europe
Corrupt Attorney General
Appoints 2 lobbyist to his cabinet, but said he wouldn't allow lobbyist on his cabinet.
Calls China a currenty manipulator, almost sparking a trade war with China
Closing Gitmo with no plan as to where the terrorist will go.
Signs bills paying for abortions in other countries
Ignores Kentucky as citizens freeze to death
Bombs Pakistan, kills citizens
Sounds like Obama's on the road towards a historical presidency!
PS - List obtained from comments on several websites and pieced together to form a list.