November 28, 2007

Death By Chocolate

Any animal lover knows that chocolate is toxic and deadly to dogs.

I am freaked about the puppers getting chocolate because I have lots of chocolate at home and them being on the smaller side just a little can have devistating effects.

What I don't know is how much is to much?

I found this great graphic that shows how much of what kind of chocolate (white, milk, dark, baking, etc) will give what kind of toxicity levels.

Chocolate Toxicity

You just move the slide to your dogs weight and it shows how much is to much.

Posted by Quality Weenie at November 28, 2007 12:42 PM | TrackBack

That's very cool, thanks for posting it!

Posted by: pam at November 28, 2007 01:16 PM

that is very cool. I honestly thought just any was too much. That has always been my mentality with dogs... any is bad. Probably not a bad way to feel, but I think I don't have to have an anxiety attack anymore when we're at my sister in law's house and she serves chocolate cake. You should see me with the boys, "Ack! Be careful! did you drop? Pick it up, pick it up!" I'm a mess with her dogs around and chocolate.

Posted by: Bou at November 29, 2007 10:00 AM