November 27, 2007

So That Is What It Feels Like To Give Birth?

When it rains it pours for me I swear ...

Monday morning at 3:20am I woke up to an excrutiating pain in my right side, laid there until around 4am then told Mr Weenie he's going to have to take me to the ER as I couldn't stand the pain any longer.

We thought appendics ...

Got to the ER around 4:30am, told them what I was experiencing and first thing they ask

Ever have kidney stones before?

Gads, Kidney stones.

A pee test and CT scan later they confirmed I was passing a 2mm kidney stone.

I didn't get drugs until 5am, within 20 minutes I was feeling no pain, before they released me at 6:15am they gave me another shot of pain meds.

I didn't wake up until 5pm at which time it passed through. I looked at it and I thought all that &*%$ pain for that little thing? It had broken up and looked like beach sand.

They also said contray to popular belief calcium doesn't cause kidney stones, lack of water and too much salt and animal protein causes them. So they said since my chances have increased for more occurances I have to cut down on meat and salt and greatly increase my water intake.

I have had pain before but nothing like what I was experiencing yesterday. Good god almighty that was horrible.

Posted by Quality Weenie at November 27, 2007 09:25 AM | TrackBack

Oh, crap! I'm so sorry you had to go through that; I've heard the pain is unbelievable! Thank God it passed. {{{Hugs}}}

Posted by: pam at November 27, 2007 11:16 AM

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Posted by: oddybobo at November 27, 2007 03:53 PM

Oh bummer - kidney stones are terrible. I'm very sorry! I hope you don't have to deal with anymore.

Posted by: Teresa at November 27, 2007 06:00 PM

Hey, glad you're fealin' better, or at least feelin' less.

Don't sweat the change in diet. I got your back. I'll eat more red meat, and promise to pour three of four salt packets from McDonald's on my freedom fries whilst I inhale the 1/3 angus burger of the day.

With any luck, I'll save you from mad cow disease while I'm at it.

Posted by: RedNeck at November 27, 2007 06:21 PM

Ack, I've never had a kidney stone, but I did laugh really hard at a friend of mine that was passing one. His facial expressions and reactions where hilarious. With all the wiggling, I was wondering how he was going to hit the toilet when the time came. That part I refused to watch.

Posted by: Contagion at November 27, 2007 06:38 PM

Glad it broke up without the use of nitroglycerine.

Posted by: Peter at November 28, 2007 01:00 AM